Friday, January 1, 2010

A Year

So a year seems shorter these days. To think about what has happened in a year and it is amazing. So often I am so focused as mother on how to teach and guide my children on how to act appropriately as a future adult, that some of those kid moments seem to slip by in the the busyness. I want to enjoy my children and make the most of these days because they do go by so fasts. Here is a little tid bit about each of the girls I want to remember for 2009. This on New Years Eve 2009 >
I have one more child than I did a year ago. Naomi the sweet, oh what a precious baby she has been. I am not sure if it is because she is my last baby or just the she is such a love but I love cuddling and holding her. She is mostly happy and content as long as her sisters give her a little space and she is not hungry or tired. Simple right. We call her smiley because she always seems to have one on her face. I am so excited to get to see her personality develop. She has just started to make all kinds of noises and babble sounds that might be close to saying da da. She is starting to scoot herself around on the floor mostly backwards. The big blue eyes seem to be sticking around too. Who would have thought? Audrey what liveliness you bring to our home. From the songs she is constantly singing to the ways she seems to dance through life, Audrey is our entertainer. She has an adventerous spirit that is fun to have around. She often states "I can do it myself" and often she can with a little bit of help. Her newest song is "Oklahoma" thanks to the family visit at Christmas. She loves to wrestle with the best of them. She definately keeps me on my toes. Sage has blossomed throughout this year. How she has grown into herself, there is still a lot of growing to do but oh what a difference a year makes. There were days last year I was at a loss as to how to guide her on her emotional rollercoaster of days. We still have lots of emotions from our precious Sage but more often they are full of love and joy than of distraught frustration. Sabrina is growing into such a sweet young girl. Sabrina has become much braver and social this year. She is becoming aware of the world around her but she still has such simple innocence and joy. Just as Papa sings "Sabrina you bring joy". She has taken on he big sister roll with tender and love for each of her sisters. Last year, December 2008>
Well so far the year has started off well. I am hoping to begin regular blogging again but we will see. So much to be thankful for and so much to pray for God's guidance and direction in. Can't wait to see what this new year brings. I am sure of only on thing, no matter what God is with us and will guide us through whatever may come. Happy New Year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mitchell Family said...

I can't believe how big your sweet girls are getting. Why do they have to grow up? Thanks for sharing the pictures!