Thursday, January 28, 2010

Books and ramblings.

I am reading a book: Building Faith at Home by Mark A. Homen right now lent to me by a friend that is encouraging me about the resposibility I have to build my childrens faith at home and not expect the church to take care of this task for me. Not that I felt that was not my responsibility but to know that not matter how many faith based activities my children are a part of if, I am to focus on making my faith come alive at home and be real (that does not mean it is without fault or imperfections, actually the more they see I lack and God provides for and fills in my weaknesses the better). I am humbled by this responsibility and seek God's guidance.

Right now I am feeling very overwhelmed with balancing all the areas of life that call on me to be a part of them. Housekeeping, cooking, teaching, being involved with Sabrina at school, friend, family, church, being a wife, being involved in my community and most of all my own spiritual walk with God. More so than ever I need organization which I lack skills in. I am constantly starting projects and not being able to finish them. Right now I am writing on here because it seem greatly easier than tackling the pile that is on my desk. So back to the pile and all the chores I guess. Just ramblings from my mind to share I guess.


2 comments:

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

You're doing a good job, Sara. I really like what Elisabeth Elliot says toward the end of her seminar, I don't know if you've gotten there yet. She says that she too gets overwhelmed with the pile of work to tackle, but then she prays and asks that God will give her the strength to get done what needs to get done that day; she doesn't worry about the rest. It gives me peace. See you tomorrow.

Tiffani said...

I haven't stopped by here for a while. I like you blog background! It's pretty. Hope you've been finding peace and balance lately. The idea of how to simplify and what needs to truly be a priority has been on my mind a lot recently.